Applying to Nursery for September 2020
OPEN AFTERNOON FOR THOSE WISHING TO APPLY WILL BE ON MONDAY 6TH JANUARY 2020 - 2.30 UNTIL 5.00
BELOW IS THE INFORMATION & LINKS TO THE EDUCATION AUTHORITY WEBSITE
Applications will now be made via an online portal.
LINK TO EA WEBSITE
TOP TIPS WHEN COMPLETING YOUR APPLICATION FORM
You will need an email address to initially register & then a link will be sent to this address.
When applying select TARGET NURSERY not Reception
Type in your postcode & a list of local nurseries and playgroups will be displayed.
- A list of possible verification documents can be found in the schools Admissions Criteria at the bottom of this page - we will only accept original copies.
- Please ensure all documents have a date within the last three months. Please note that verification documents must be in the name of the parent/s or guardian listed on the application form (currently only one name can go on the application - therefore if living in the same house - please add both parents names to the Additional Application Information section).
- A medical letter regarding the child MUST state that childs name.
In the Additional Application Information
- State both parents names therefore we will be able to accept proof of address named in both parents.
- SEN - if you believe your child has additional needs yet has not been referred or statemented - please give details in this section as we can then guide you to to the appropriate referral services.
|Age to apply for a funded Pre-School place in the September 2020–June 2021 school year?||
Target Pre-School Age:- If your child is born on or between 2 July 2016 and 1 July 2017 they will be in their final pre-school year (Target Age) and you will be eligible to apply for a funded place for your child in either:-
Penultimate (Underage):- If funded places are still available after target age children are admitted then underage (penultimate) children born on or between 2 July 2017 and 1 July 2018 may also be admitted. If your child falls within this age group you will be eligible to apply to:-
|Pre-School admissions procedure is in two Stages||
After the application closing date of 12 noon on 30 January 2020 pre-schools will commence consideration of applications within a 2 stage process:-
Stage 1 – Consideration of target age applications (children in their final pre-school year)
The Citizen Portal is available to make an online application for admission to pre-schools in September 2020.
Places are not allocated on a First Come, First Served basis.
You will be able to apply online between:
12.00 noon (GMT) on Tuesday 7 January 2020 and 12.00 noon (GMT) on Thursday 30 January 2020
If you are unable to apply online, paper applications will be available on request from pre-schools/schools or the Education Authority.
Before you submit your application it is important that you read the admissions criteria of the pre-schools/schools that you are interested in sending your child to.
When completing the application you will need to make sure you include all the relevant information about how your child meets the criteria, as this is what pre-schools/schools will use when applying criteria and making decisions on which children will be offered places.
If you apply after the closing date/time for punctual applications i.e. 12 noon on Thursday 30 January 2020, you will need to complete a paper form as the Citizen Portal will not be accessible after this date, and your application will be treated as a late application (Target Age – Late in Stage 1 and Underage Late throughout the procedure).
For more information, please view the full Pre-School Admissions User Guide below.